Once a secret, the south-west is the jewel of Portugal and is undoubtedly becoming a desired destination. With beautiful beaches and unspoiled scenery, the Alentejo coastline is the perfect destination for your next workshop.
Facing west, the coastline is bathed by the Atlantic Ocean, making it the ideal location for creating stunning coastal images.
Your host will be Phil Norton, landscape photographer and NiSi Filters Ambassador. He will guide you through the photographic process, whatever your skill level. From basic settings and understanding exposure, to advanced techniques and settings, Phil will help you master your camera. You will also learn how to use filters to control exposure.
Main highlights of the places to be photographed:
- Wooden jetties of Carrasqueira
- Porto Covo – The beach in front of the “Ilha do Pessegueiro” (Peach-tree Island)
- Vila Nova de Milfontes
Location: Southwest of Portugal
Dates:Â 21 to 24th of May 2019
Price: â‚¬ 1400 per person in single room
Physical demand: Easy
Climate: Pleasant but breezy, best period for interesting skies.
Maximum number of participants:Â 6
Photographic style: Natural landscape; Travel photography, Coastal, Street
What is included
- Accommodation (in single rooms)
- Delicious meals from local restaurants (all breakfasts, lunches and dinners are included)
- Transportation from arrival to departure
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Photographic equipment and accessories
– Interchangeable lenses camera (DSLR or mirrorless) with tripod and remote shutter release
– Wide-angle lens
– ND filters / ND grad filters ( Some NiSi Filters will be available for use)
– Polarizing filter
– Mid-range zoom lens with a focal length equivalent to 24-70mm
– Telephoto lens equivalent to 70-200mm
– Laptop with Raw converter / image processing tools, preferably Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
– In Portugal the power sockets are of type F (also known as “Schuko”). The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz Please bring an adapter if needed.
Landscape Photographer based in Lancashire with 30 years of shooting experience, Phil has over the years built a reputation for his creative and unique style.
Phil runs many workshops in the UK including the Peak District, Lake District, Snowdonia, East and West coasts, and has huge experience as a workshop leader. He understands the technical and creative process, and understands how to help his workshop participants whatever skill level.
Phil is also the UK NiSi Filters Ambassador and will be able to assist using NiSi Filters.
To learn more please visit Philâ€™s website:
Or follow him on Facebook
Reserve your spot now!
For more information about Terms and Conditions, click HERE.
For any questions and doubts please contact us using the form below.