Skip to content

9 Comments

1. Albert Smith
    September 3, 2022 @ 2:57 pm

My list of must haves: Mechanical dials for intuitive adjustments whether your looking through the finder or just looking down at the exterior.

Weather resistance for the true ability to use it in real world environments.

Some easy way to switch between focusing modes, maybe a three way knob on the front.

A timeless design that allows for concurrent use with previous generations without getting confused by the changes.

A moderate pixel count that gives great results without over resolving things for only bragging rights. 24 to 26 mp would be perfect.

Now that I think about it, I already have that camera. Never mind. 😀

• Alwin Kok
      September 6, 2022 @ 5:47 am

Glad you found your loves one! Cheers!

2. andrei
    September 5, 2022 @ 1:09 pm

having used the x-s10 for over a year now, i have some opinions: firstly, this camera is absolutely NOT aimed at those wanting “traditional” dials (quotation marks because dials for ISO and SS were not present on any camera in the digital age, except leica and the nikon DF, so the PASM mode dial is more traditional in the sense that more photographers are used to this system, statistically). currently, i believe the X-S10 is the absolute best value for money body in the fuji system, offering the most amount of features for the least amount of money. as for improvements for the next generation: what i see as a must would be a better EVF, perhaps the one in the current X-T4, that would be nice, a faster SD card with a bigger buffer (i think CF express would be too much for this camera) and what i expect to see is the new 40mp sensor, since the new 26mp one is apparently reserved only for the X-H2s, according to rumors. other than these points, the camera is pretty much perfect, especially for the price

3. Alwin Kok
    September 6, 2022 @ 5:50 am

I totally agree with you, Andrei.
    In order to achieve attractive price point, I believe CF express slot will not be present but I do hope to see better improvement on the EVF and the 40mp sensor.

4. Johan Otterdahl Edfeldt
    September 9, 2022 @ 12:06 pm

I actually love this camera even though my XE1 and XT2 looks better. The grip/IBIS/AF & EVF frame rate is great.Looking forward to 5 months in NZ with this setup and the 35mm1.4, 18mm 2 and 55-200mm

5. Matango
    September 26, 2022 @ 1:03 pm

I dont own this camera, even though I’m thinking of buying one. I was planning to buy the XT30, but I might buy the XS10, because of IBIS. One thing that is surprising to me is the talk about the “plascticky feel”. The issue I’m having is that I read in multiple reviews that buy is magnesium alloy, but the reviewer is claiming that he can’t even imaging the successor to have a magnesium alloy body. So either I’m wrong or the reviewer is wrong. Is the xs10 made of plastic or is it metal? It’s almost impossible to hold a metal camera in your hand and to feel like it’s plastic. So I’m probably the one that got the wrong information. Can someone answer this please? What is the body made of? Probably a combination of both.

• Alwin Kok
      September 26, 2022 @ 3:59 pm

Hi Matango, it is a combination of both but when you hold it, it feels plasticky. You should give it a try holding it and you know what I means.

What in my mind is thinking that in order to continue to attract more targeted photographers, fight inflation and lower down the price point; plastic body is highly the next best option.

• Johan Otterdahl Edfeldt
      September 27, 2022 @ 12:14 am

I don’t think it feels plasticy at all. I bought it after trying XE4 and XT30 which I felt was more plasticy, especially the XE4. My plan was to buy the XE4 but the XS10 felt better in the hands and had IBIS for the same price.
      I just wishes the XS10 had the XE4 screen.

• Alwin Kok
        September 27, 2022 @ 4:43 am

Right. I think it is based on individual’s feel towards the products. There is no right or wrong to our sense of touch. X-E4 has that Fujifilm retrospective design language and I agree that X-S10 has better handling design. I too do wish to see X-S10 to have X-E4 screen but I think practically it is not feasible because it has to go much higher than the EVF when doing selfie shot.