Developing a documentary project is a rewarding experience and will definitely change the way you photograph. All photographers have a favorite genre of photography and, within it, subjects for which they particularly interested. However, we often do it without a defined course, that is, we may consistently take excellent photos, but looking at them as a whole, they don’t have any type of connection between them. When making the decision to focus on a well defined project for a certain period of time, you will experience an extraordinary change in the way you photograph:
- You will photograph more;
- It will stay focused and motivated;
- Your work will be consistent;
- The final result will be a set of photographs that you will be proud of and that will last for years and years.
At this stage you have already made the decision to move forward with a project and you also chose the subject in which to focus. But before you pick up your camera and walk out of the door, please take a moment to make a plan. Believe me, it will make all the difference.
Whether the subject, theme or event takes place in your hometown or in a distant country, the right amount of preparation will increase the likelihood of success and allow everything to unfold without major problems or unforeseen circumstances that could jeopardize the accomplishment of the project. So let’s now look at some of the most important factors to be considered:
Only for Premium Subscribers!
To access these articles you must be a PREMIUM subscriber to Fuji X Passion.
SUBSCRIBE NOW and get instant access to all Premium articles, all prior and upcoming magazines, all special editions, all previous videos, discounts and offers. If you are seeking relevant information about this camera system, or useful tips from photographers using the Fuji X system, this is the most valuable place for you.
BASIC Plan subscriber? Upgrade to PREMIUM!
- Access your account HERE and sign in with your email address and password as always
- In this step click the ‘Subscriptions’ tab and then ‘Change plan’
- Now you can change from the BASIC plan to the new PREMIUM PLAN
- Finally, the system will only apply a proportional value to the remaining charge and change the plan immediately.
Already a Premium Subscriber?
Co-founder of the Fuji X Passion Project.
Travel and documentary photographer from Portugal, using mirrorless cameras since 2012.