In a previous post we showed Fringer’s “smart adapter” for Canon EF lenses. This time, Steelsring – the other developer that works on his Canon EF to Fuji X smart lens adapter, shows us a quick demonstration of their adapter, using the Fujifilm X-T1 and an old & cheap Canon EF standard zoom.
Although there are already some smart adapters for the GFX system, I see more interest in developing one or two for the Fuji X system, with significantly more users around the world.
Even if you’re not impressed by the AF speed in this demonstration, let’s be optimistic and consider that:
- Fuji X-T1 is not the fastest AF camera in the Fujifilm X line-up;
- The Canon standard zoom lens used in this video is far from being the fastest AF lens in Canon lens range;
- The adapter showed in the video was still in beta version, so there is still room for improvements and hopefully future firmware upgrades.
– Nikon F / GFX Smart AF Adapter
– Nikon F / FX Smart AF Adapter
Curated by Sebastian Boatca